Every year, the majority of business blogs and articles in January focus on business goals. One of the biggest goals identified by business is improving marketing results. As a marketing and design firm, we hear this a lot this time of year. Full disclosure, we say it ourselves!
If improving marketing results is on your 2019 business goal list we hope the resurfacing of Connectivity, Connection Group’s monthly newsletter can help you. Although it can take a fair amount of time to create valuable content each month, resurrecting the e-newsletter achieves multiple goals:
- Offering valuable timely information helps our customers grow
- Connecting with our existing customers and prospects regularly increases awareness of our services
- Finally, connecting regularly through email is less intrusive than cold calling and it is one of the actions we have identified to help improve our marketing results.
If improving marketing results is one of your company goals for 2019, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Why do I want to increase my marketing results?
- improve awareness of services
- increase sales
- capture more followers / prospects / customers
- other: ___________
2. What marketing and advertising efforts have worked in the past?
- direct mail
- cold callls
- presentations / webinars
- print ads / internet advertising
- other _______-
3. Where do your customers hang out?
- Facebook? Instagram? Linkedin? ….
- do they watch local news?
- gamers, YouTubers, Snapchatters ….?
- local events
? subscribeto publications or podcasts?
- what are their interests?
4. What demographic are you targeting?
- how old are they?
- where do they work / live / shop
- how much money do they make?
- what education level have they achieved?
- does your product or service help a specific gender or race?
5. What sets you apart from you competition?
- have you identified your unique value proposition?
- what do your customers always say they love about working with you? (Don’t know? Ask them!)
- is there something you are doing right that your competition is missing?
- or, what could your company easily implement in 2019 that your competition excels at?
These are just a few of the questions to consider when you begin to develop a marketing plan that can bring results. If you are serious about improving your marketing results in 2019 subscribe to our monthly newsletter. We will continue to provide tips on SEO, graphic design, website design, social media marketing, content development digital advertising and the many tasks and details related to effective marketing and design.
If you find yourself overwhelmed or procrastinating taking those next steps, a marketing consultation may be beneficial. I offer a free half-hour phone consultation with existing customers. Because I also still enjoy designing and meeting with my customers personally I limit consultations to three per week. Consultations are by appointment only – so call early to get in the queue! For businesses who are not current customers a 45 minute to an hour consultation is recommended for the cost of $150.
Cheers to a new year, new goals, new successes, for all of us hard working small businesses. Please let me know if there are any specific tips or marketing questions you would like us to address in a blog entry or in Connectivity, Connection Group’s monthly e-newsletter. We are committed to helping you connect with your target audience!
CG staff is also working diligently (between customer projects and in-kind donations that is…) on a fresh new website design for Connection Group! We can’t wait to launch our new updated website design. We will keep you posted. And as always…