Congratulations, now that your company has received certification as a women-owned business your work has just begun! Let’s start with your capability sheet design. In Michigan, we have regional business summits, MiDiCo meetings, and other meet-the-buyer events. When you attend networking events, conferences, etc. in your state or region you need a professional leave behind in the form of a capability statement. Capability statements are print pieces that essentially offer your company information at a glance. Your capability sheet should also be uploaded to your website for download. Similar to a product cut sheet or a sales sheet, capabilities sheets are what companies use in the procurement of corporate and government bids.
- your company name
- company logo
- third party certifier (such as WBENC)
- core competencies (brief company statement and services)
- contact information (you would be surprised how often this is missed!)
- differentiators – how do you stand up to the competition
- images; professional logos; professional or stock photos
- past performance
- company data: DUNS number, CAGE, socio-economic status if you are a WBE, WOSB, Minority Owned Business, certified through WBENC, NAICS codes, PSC numbers, Federal Supply Codes
- Key personnel: ownership, management information, or key account representatives, etc.
Optional Content for Capability Statement Sheets:
- customer testimonials
- partial customer list
- credentials, licenses
- logos and mentions of professional affiliations /memberships
- case studies
- Do you need help writing the copy for your Capability Statement Design?
You may know your business yet not know how to write or now how to identify which content will stand out to prospects. Consider frequently asked questions and reviews from your customers. Ask yourself:
- What makes your company unique?
- Why would you be the best candidate for a project?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- Why do your customers continue to hire you?
As a full service branding firm we print, write, and design capabilities sheets. Our web specialist posts keyword optimized sell sheets and capability statement information to our website and our customer’s websites. Take a look at our capability statement design sample. We have included design and brand marketing service listings, print and design awards, women owned business certification, corporate logo, WBENC logo, customer case study results, etc.
Industry Specific Capability Statement Content
If your industry requires licensure be sure to include the licenses you hold. Include affiliations, reports and ratings with third parties.
- Better Business Bureau rating
- ISO rating
- Angie’s List award
Especially relevant, do you hold a professional designation within your industry such as a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP)? These credentials establish credibility and set you apart from your competition.
Capability sheet samples include one and two sided solutions. We try to keep our capability statement design one sided and customize it to each service. For instance, if we are responding to a bid for brand development services we will include specific branding experience. For magazine or publication design we include our experience highlighting publication design and production.
Do you need help putting together your capability statement design? We can set up a 10-15 minute complimentary phone consultation. Also, we will ask the right questions to get the most important content about your business on paper clearly and professionally.
Leave behinds and downloadable pdf capabilities sheets are critical. Consequently, don’t miss opportunities because your prospects didn’t remember you or don’t have enough information to hire you. Give us a call or shoot us a note today.