Although some reports state traditional newspapers are experiencing declining readership, numbers actually show an increase in readers. This increase is due in part to the migration of readers online. Consider this when building your marketing campaign. To get the most from your display advertising, it is critical to advertise in print as well as utilize online advertising. Facebook is enjoying the largest number of hits per second on the internet right now but when you are attempting to reach a local audience, print publications are still king. Follow the 10 tips below to get the most value from your time and money. Give us a call if you need help creating professionally designed advertisements. Connection Group is here to deliver solutions for building your brand in print and online.
- People buy what they know – branding and name recognition is the primary value of advertising. Six months, and preferably a year, of consistent, repetitive messaging to your targeted demographic sees the best results.
- Multiply your marketing channels-— print ads, inserts, online campaigns, signage, magazines, newsletters, coupons, specialty advertising, etc. — customized to attain your marketing objectives in your market(s).
- Work with expert(s) – Well-trained newspaper ad representatives and experienced graphic designers can provide targeted ad campaigns that reach your audience.
- Combine a mix of print and online media – attain maximum reach of your message to multiple markets to get the best results.
- Bigger is not always better – choose a small ad for a longer amount of time rather than a large ad for a shorter run.
- Online advertising – always include a link to your website, special offers encourage people to ACT NOW!
- Educate – change your message every four to six weeks, but always keep your visual brand, your logo, colors, images, etc. consistent .
- Choose special sections – those that are specifically targeted to an audience you want to reach. Also, these sections are often saved so have a longer shelf life.
- Be patient – some quick sales may happen but it takes time to build brand recognition.
- Advertise to bring them in – deliver to keep them coming back. Provide quality service and products, build on your brand promise to keep the customers your advertising attracts.
Re-print with permission from: Connie Sweet, Connection Group – firstname.lastname@example.org