These tips are current as of today Dec. 2009.
SEO changes rapidly so please check back with us for questions regularly.
Text, Content & Keywords on your Site
• Site content
• Location of text the search engines can see.
• Other sites linking to your site
• Code or Back-end of your Web site
To find our what words searchers are using go to:
Google™ Keyword Tool
Where to Place the Keywords
Once you find some top key words to use, include them in your page title tags. Be sure to pay attention to spelling, singular or plural (graphic, graphics) and the order the words are listed (design graphics (no), graphic design (yes)
Title Tag Tips
<title>The name of your company here: your specialty and industry</title>
<title>Connection Group: Branding Design </title>
Other Places to Add Keywords
• Description tag is the most important
• Keywords in site copy- currently the first 25 words of your home page are most critical.
Other Areas Bots Pay attention to:
Bold and italicized words
Within links to other places on your site
Who is linking to your site?
• Go to: http://yahoo.com
link:domainname (exam. in the search box I typed:
link:www.connectiongraphics.com then hit return. Be sure to check your whole site, not just your home page.
Inbound Link Summary
Check your page rank: http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php
Sign your site up for a free link: (quality sites only)
• Online directories
• Link to customers, groups, charities, etc.
How Links to Your Site Help
• Check Google Page Rank
(0 to 10 – 10 is best) http://toolbar.google.com
The above is free and installs in seconds
• Are the links relevant to what you are selling? Are there similar keywords on both sites?
• Title Keywords / Title Tag relevant?
• Anchor Keyword – The text that, when clicked, brings the user to your Web site should be descriptive (not just click here).
• Quantity – Number of sites linking to your Web site helps your page rank.
How you can get Web sites to link to Your Site
• Work with www.connectiongraphics.com (let us add your ad and Web link!)
• Join Membership & Networking Organizations: Chamber of Commerce, WISE, your LocalFirst, Social Media Groups, etc.
• Online Directories
• Yellow Pages / Yellow Book (pay 🙁 )
• Yahoo, Business.com (various levels)
• Add Good Site Content and become a noted expert and resource.
• Add content to other sites (social networking and resource sites, blogs, etc.)
Ask for Links
• Suppliers and Customers
• Business Partners
• Organizations (charitable, groups, associations)
• Event Sponsorship
• WISE http://wiseconnections.org/ accepts articles in exchange
• Fundraiser Outings (News Page)
• Reciprocal Links
• Search on your site name and find out who is linking to you and recirocate.
Why to hire experienced Web designers and developers to build your site architecture…
Major Problem Areas for Search Engines
• Site designed with frames
• Sites that are all FLASH. Currently Flash is not Search Engine friendly.
• Your URL does not change when browsing to another page or site
• Too much animation
• Entire page is a “image/graphic” or pdf.
• Slow loading because graphics have not been optimized properly or poor text quality.
This short tip just scratches the surface of SEO. Please return to our tips page as we add to this information. If you’d like to see our graphic and web design samples, you can view by case study, or by service on our Web site: www.connectiongraphics.com